It’s been a few weeks since we launched the Great Expedition expansion into the world of Black Desert Online, and since then many of you have enjoyed bartering in the Great Ocean. Therefore we are happy to announce that bartering will now be considered a life skill and will grant special bonuses when leveled up!
Also after this update, you will be able to control Ogres and Trolls during Conquest Wars, so take advantage of their chaotic powers and achieve victory with them!
Finally, there are rumors spreading about a Mysterious Knight appearing in monster zones and offering 100% Skill EXP boost for a limited time. Shall we check if the rumors are true?
Enjoy the update and good luck!
- Finding Mysterious Knight
- Period: November 27 (after maintenance)–until future notice
- During the event, a Mysterious Knight NPC will appear all over the world of Black Desert Online. Simply Interact (R) with him to get your Skill EXP +100%!
- Click <Here> for the full details!
- Arsha Leaderboard Short Clip Contest
- Berserk Collaboration: November 20 (after maintenance)–December 4 (before maintenance)
- Arsha Leaderboard: November 20 (after maintenance)–December 4 (before maintenance)
- Get Restored Afuaru’s Maps!: November 20 (after maintenance)–December 11 (before maintenance)
- Bonus Back: November 20 (after maintenance)–December 4 (before maintenance)
- Season of Giving
- Event 1. Yvrugs A-Coming!
- Event 2. Special Challenges: November 14 00:00 UTC–November 27 23:59 UTC
- Community Event: 2020 Calendar Contest
- Congratulations to all winners! Please find the winner list <Here>!
- Community Event: 2020 Calendar Contest
- In-game rewards for all winners have been sent. Please check your in-game mailbox (B) to claim your rewards.
- Please note in-game title rewards can be checked directly under My Information (P) > Title tab.
We have developed the parley system with the feedback from Global Lab in mind, adjusting the number of parley points needed and connecting this system with the new life skill, Bartering.
In general we aimed to adjust the difficulty and profits for bartering to get more barters happening in the beginning stages of bartering, so you can ultimately make more profit for less time. We did have to lower the ratio of level 4 sea trade goods that could be exchanged for with level 3 sea trade goods from three to two, due to the high profit (up to 30 million Silver per barter). You can also now do up to six barters for level 1 sea trade goods so hopefully you will not exhaust your sea trade good supply as fast as before this update.
We have also added more ways to get materials to upgrade a ship to an Epheria Carrack. Hopefully with this change, getting these materials will feel less like a chore. For those of you who already have an Epheria Carrack and gear for it, we would like you to know that we are planning on developing blue grade gear for Epheria Carracks.
- Added the Bartering life skill.
- You can get Bartering EXP by bartering items.
- The amount of EXP gained will depend on the item being bartered at each island.
- Because bartering is a life skill, it is affected by life skill buffs from items such as Extra Life EXP Scroll items.
- You can check your bartering level in the My Information window.
- You can check your bartering ranking on the Rankings window.
- Bartering EXP based on the amount of bartering you have done so far has been sent to your in-game mailbox.
- Introduced the Parley system to Bartering.
- Every time you barter, you will need to parley.
- The number of parley points required to barter at each node differs, and even if barter is still available at a node you cannot barter without the required parley points.
- Between each barter information refresh, you will have 1,000,000 parley points to spend.
- As your bartering level increases, you will need fewer parley points.
- For example, a Bartering Beginner 1 may need 14,286 parley points to barter at a particular node but may need only 13,074 parley points at the same node when an Apprentice 1.
- There will be mouseover tooltips in the Bartering Information window with information about how your Bartering level (and Value Pack effect, if applicable) affects the number of parley points needed.
- Added the item Crow’s Trade Voucher.
- This item recovers 250,000 of your parley points and has a cooldown of four hours.
- Please note that the maximum number of parley points you can have a time is 1,000,000.
- Use Manufacture in the Processing menu on Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min) x1 to get Crow’s Trade Voucher x1.
- You cannot manufacture [Event] Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min) to get a Crow’s Trade Voucher.
- Crow’s Trade Voucher has an expiration of 24 hours.
- You can now refresh barter information manually, instead of having for it to be automatically refreshed every four hours.
- You can refresh barter information up to three times a day, with a cooldown of four hours.
- The number of times you can refresh barter information will be reset every day at 06:00 UTC.
- If you do not refresh the barter information it will stay the same and will not be automatically refreshed.
- Lowered the accumulated number of exchanges needed to barter for the following ship upgrade items for upgrading a ship to an Epheria Carrack, and increased the frequency of the barter exchange appearing.
- Brilliant Rock Salt Ingot
- Brilliant Pearl Shard
- Changed the items being bartered per type of barter as follows.
|Type of Barter
||Number of Barters Available
||Item given → Item received
||Basic materials → Level 1 sea trade good x1
||Level 1 sea trade good x1 → Level 2 sea trade good x1–3
||Level 2 sea trade good x1 → Level 3 sea trade good x1–3
||Level 3 sea trade good x1 → Level 4 sea trade good x2
||Level 4 sea trade good x1 → Level 5 sea trade good x1
- Reduced the number of basic materials needed at barter type level 1.
- The amount needed will always be in units of hundred, unless less than 100 basic materials are needed. Then, they will be in units of tens.
- You can now barter for the following items via certain floating objects (e.g. Shipwrecked Cargo Ship) in Margoria.
- [Level 5] Opulent Coral Trinket
- [Level 5] Cox Pirates’ Journal
- [Level 5] Rust Repair Tool
- [Level 5] Otters Fish Hook
- [Level 5] Observatory Report
- Increased the amount of Sea Coins you can get from the following locations by 25%.
- Halmad Island
- Kashuma Island
- Derko Island
- Crow Merchant Ship
- Rikkun’s Shipwreck Boat
- Shipwrecked Cox Pirates’s Ship
- Shipwrecked Naval Ship
- Reduced the accumulated number of exchanges needed to barter via the following floating objects in Margoria: Shipwrecked Cargo Ship; Cholace Chico’s Pirate Union; Wandering Merchant Ship.
- You could barter level 4 sea goods for level 5 sea trade goods closer to the coast, but now you can now also barter them via the Cholace Chico’s Pirate Union and Shipwrecked Cargo Ship.
- You can now barter for ship upgrade materials and level 5 sea trade goods via the Wandering Merchant Ship.
- Changed the Explore function for sailing as follows.
- It is now possible for sailors to find Seaweed or Bottle of Sea Water while exploring.
- Increased the chance sailors will repair your ship.
- Increased the chance sailors will find rations.
- Increased the chance the condition of sailors will decrease.
- Decreased the rate special barter becomes available.
- Added effects to Value Pack items that lets you do the following.
- Refresh barter information up to four times a day, instead of the usual three.
- Use 10% less parley points per barter.
- Remotely check or skip Special Barter via the Barter Information window (including the one in the World Map) instead of going to the bartering location yourself.
- However, you still need to load the items for barter onto your ship and go to the bartering location yourself.
- Changed the option to see Monster Zones Info in the World Map to “Detailed Surroundings.”
- You can now see the location of the floating objects (e.g. Shipwrecked Cargo Ship) in Margoria on the World Map, if you have knowledge of all 12 of them and you have selected the option for Detailed Surroundings on the World Map.
- Added three new types of social actions: hold beer; hold broom; read book.
- You can move while doing these three social actions, and press special keys to activate specific variations of each social action.
- You need to complete certain quests to unlock these new social actions.
- Quests to unlock “hold beer”
- Bedder’s Cooking Ingredients
- [Cooking Advancement Lv10] Beer for a Thirsty Worker
- After Daily Work
- Quests to unlock “hold broom”
- Leader of the Ahib
- Yahq’s Troubles
- Noble Sacrifice
- Quests to unlock “read book”
- Art of Sharing
- A Recorded Myth
- Door of Truth
- Added the items [Conquest] Dark Contract: Ogre and [Conquest] Dark Contract: Troll.
- Use the [Conquest] Dark Contract: Ogre or [Conquest] Dark Contract: Troll to summon an ogre or troll which you can possess and control.
- The offensive side of Conquest Wars can use these items.
- The ogre or troll, once summoned, can be possessed by anyone in your guild.
- Any summoned ogres or trolls will disappear when the Conquest War ends.
- When an ogre or troll is summoned, a button that you can use to call it will appear for everyone in your guild in the upper left-hand side of the screen.
- The location of the ogre or troll will appear on the world map for everyone in your guild.
- When you possess an ogre or troll, you will see the key guide for controlling it on the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
- The summoned ogre or troll will die if they go into a body of water.
- Added a new item Ogre Dark Crystal, which can be processed into a [Conquest] Dark Contract: Ogre.
- You can get Ogre Dark Crystals at a low rate by looting ogres at Muraka or Mansha Forest.
- Use Simple Alchemy in the Processing window to combine Ogre Dark Crystal x1 and Ogre Blood x50 into [Conquest] Dark Contract: Ogre x1.
- Added a new item Troll Dark Crystal, which can be processed into a [Conquest] Dark Contract: Troll.
- You can get Troll Dark Crystals at a low rate by looting Quint, or by looting the trolls at Quint Hill.
- Use Simple Alchemy in the Processing window to combine Troll Dark Crystal x1 and Troll Blood x100 into [Conquest] Dark Contract: Troll x1.
- The option to hide certain NPCs for better game performance is now available.
- Go to Settings > Performance > Workers & Pets > NPC Settings to use this option. Toggle this option on to hide non-essential NPCs (i.e. NPCs you can interact with but do not have a shop, give quests, etc.)
- Toggling this option on and off will only be applied after you reconnect to the game, or go to the Character Selection window and come back.
- You can now choose between two different types of paths while navigating at sea. You can choose between the two by accessing the Ocean Navigation Setting window via a button on the bottom of the World Map.
- Short Route
- This is the shorter route to your destination by distance. However, since the road might include some twists and turns your actual journey time might be longer than expected.
- Quick Route
- This route might be longer, but it may just be the quicker route, since there will be minimal twists and turns and you should be able to maintain your ship’s speed better.
- Text saying that enhancement level will drop when you fail at enhancing Epheria Caravel or Epheria Galleass gear will no longer appear.
- You can now use the skill BreezySail continuously on ships that can use that skill.
- Mount your ship’s wheel and check the option that appears to toggle this option on. Then, press W to start moving while using the skill BreezySail continuously.
- Doom can now only use the skill Dark Sprint during S: Charge if it knows S: Instant Accel.
- Added skill command information in the Mount Information window about using Doom’s skill Dark Sprint (F during S: Charge).
- Fixed the issue where using the horse skill Fore Chop made a camel icon appear.
- Added text about the different damage cannons for Epheria Sailboat and Epheria Frigate will inflict if they are equipped on the improved or upgraded versions of these ships.
- You can inflict extra damage on 2 targets when equipped on Improved Epheria Sailboat or Caravel.
- You can inflict extra damage on 4 targets when it is equipped on Improved Epheria Frigate or Galleass.
- Added a feature to large ships (i.e. Epheria Sailboat, Improved Epheria Sailboat, Epheria Frigate, Improved Epheria Frigate, Galley, Epheria Caravel, Epheria Galleass, Epheria Carrack) so that if they get stuck in an auto-path and their durability is above 50%, they will automatically stop moving.
- The ship will stop in this scenario even during the skill PowerAccel. or BreezySail.
It’s sad when you have set your ship on an auto-path and come back to see that your ship is stuck somewhere, but still trying to move and depleting its rations supply. Therefore, we decided to add the feature of ships stopping when they get stuck in an auto-path.
- Decreased the intensity of the camera effects for the skill BreezySail on large ships (i.e. Epheria Sailboat, Improved Epheria Sailboat, Epheria Frigate, Improved Epheria Frigate, Galley, Epheria Caravel, Epheria Galleass, Epheria Carrack).
- Fixed the descriptions about the following effects of the Black Spirit: Flash Slash skills to be more accurate.
- Stiffness before hit
- 15% of Max WP extra damage
- Fixed the descriptions about the following effects of the Black Spirit: Shadow Clone skills to be more accurate.
- Number of hits
- Down Smash
- Critical Hit Rate
- Fixed a text issue with the item description of Imp Captain’s Knife.
- Before: All Damage +15 for 1 hour
- After: All AP +15 for 1 hour
- The item descriptions of the following items will now show their expiration dates.
- Devil’s Draught
- Mermaid’s Tear
- Changed the items NPC Haz sells, due to the Arena of Arsha charity tournament ending.
- Removed the item Ocean Hourglass from the Pearl Shop. This is because with the November 27 patch you can now refresh barter information manually, instead of having for it to be automatically refreshed every four hours.
- All Ocean Hourglass items already owned and placed in your in-game Inventory or Storage were automatically be refunded as Pearls and sent to your in-game Mailbox (B) during the November 27 maintenance.
- You can now get the following items by exchanging [Level 5] Azure Quartz.
- Brilliant Rock Salt Ingot
- Brilliant Pearl Shard
- For details on newly added Pearl Shop Update, please click < Here > !
- The monsters that appear near the following Kamasylvia quest NPCs and location have either been moved or removed.
- Klaruss Mushroom in Polly’s Forest
- Khalid of Loopy Tree Forest
- The entrance of the cave in Manshaum Forest
- Made changes to Kvariak of the Tshira Ruins in Drieghan.
- The conditions under which Kvariak appears has changed. Kvariak will now appear whenever you get a Poisoned Talon, which you can get at a certain rate by defeating monsters in the Tshira Ruins.
- When Kvariak appears, there will be a system message and the designated area in Tshira Ruins will be lit up with a yellow beam of light. The beam of light will be there for one minute.
- When you approach the light beam, Kvariak will appear and you will be rewarded if you defeat it.
- If Kvariak is not engaged in combat, it will disappear in 10 minutes. It may also disappear if you die fighting or leave the fight and then do not come back to fight it within 10 minutes.
- Only the one who found a Poisoned Talon can fight Kvariak. Other adventurers will not be able to damage Kvariak.
- Adjusted the AP and strength of Kvariak to be suitable for one adventurer.
- No changes were made to Kvariak’s DP. Please note that the amount of damage dealt to Kvariak will start to fall if you have over a certain number of AP.
- Changed the maximum number of adventures who can loot Kvariak from five to one.
- Increased the chance of getting the following items by looting Kvariak.
- Eye of the Ruins Ring
- Marni’s Research Box
- Akum gear (e.g. Akum Helmet)
- Combined Magic Crystal – Gervish
- Combined Magic Crystal – Hoom
- Garmoth’s Scale
- Caphras Stone
- Ancient Spirit Dust
- Dragon Scale Fossil
- Added navigation for the quest Black Spirit’s Gift (Adorable Desert Pet).
- Fixed the issue where the quests “Light to Valtarra” and “The Watchers of Adùir” appeared in UIs even after they were completed.
- Fixed the issue where NPC Enrique Encarotia flickered when you talked to him after completing the Calpheon main quests.
- Fixed the issue where you could not interact with the empty hut during the quest Checking in on Colleagues.
- Fixed the issue where Eileen said the wrong dialogue when you received knowledge about alchemy boxes from her.
- Fixed the issue where you could not get knowledge of Apprentice’s Alchemy Box from Eileen.
- Reworked the design of the UI for the following windows and minigames.
- My Information
- Open Special Item
- Horse skill training minigame
- Horse capturing minigame
- Medicinal Herb Device minigame
- Flute minigame
- Fishing minigame
- Fixed the issue where the market value of the items a trade manager sells (the number indicated as a percentage) did not match what was indicated on the same item which you possessed.
- Added Water Spirit Stone Fragment to the Polly’s Forest tab in the Item Drop window. The Water Spirit Stone Fragment should have been there but was missing.
- The Mount Information window of your ship will now change to show “Damage” or “Destroyed” stats, depending on the type of ship.
- Added a function for checking who has been using your guild storage, which you can access by going to Guild > Guild Storage > View History.
- You now choose to see the latest one or three months of market price history for each item in the Central Market, instead of just one month.
- Changed the minigame for capturing wild horses, to hopefully make it feel more suspenseful.
- Added a function to hide the nodes on which you have already exhausted all available barter exchanges.
- Added the new life skill “Bartering” to the My Information window.
- Added the new life skill “Bartering” to the Rankings window.
- There will now be an alert message when you reef or shake out the sails of your ship.
- Reworked the design of the following, for minigames.
- Background of the message that appears on the upper part of the screen
- Key guide
- Fixed the issue where the countdown that appears when you start auto-fishing only appeared at the start of auto-fishing.
- Fixed the issue where text would stick out of the mouseover tooltips for nodes in the World Map they were too long.
- Fixed the issue where you could not choose Shaking ingredients immediately after finish processing in the Processing window, even though the Shaking option was already automatically selected in the window.
- Fixed the issue where an irrelevant message appeared when you finished processing in the Processing window. The message said that you can only process in standby mode.
- Fixed the issue where an abnormal message would appear when you supplied the ship 2 times in a row after registering the ship through the wharf manager.
- Fixed the issue where the dye function did not work properly when trying to dye multiple items at once.
- The images of monsters on the World Map will no longer all appear by default, but only appear once you have met certain circumstances (e.g. having certain knowledge, completing certain quests, etc.).
- Fixed the issue where you could scroll through the sticky notes of the Notepad UI regardless of the length of text within.
- The search function in the Barter Information window is no longer case sensitive.
- Fixed the graphical issue with the effects in the typing portion of the fishing mini game.
- Fixed the issue where the Current Marketplace Asset Value appeared as 0 when it was not.
- You can now press an icon in the Barter Information window to automatically bring up nodes you can barter at from the list of nodes.
- Changed the colors of certain icons that appears when you interact with NPCs.
- [Shai] Fixed the issue where Talent stats did not appear in the My Information window.
- Fixed the issue where the Blacksmith’s Secret Book window did not open when you clicked on a Blacksmith’s Secret Book item.
- Your last choice on where to withdraw your Silver from or deposit your Silver in (inventory vs. storage) will now be remembered in the relevant UIs.
- Fixed the issue where the button on the bottom of the Chat Window Settings UI was awkwardly placed.
- Fixed the issue where the text did not fit inside the Barter Information window.
- The dialogue you see after you finish exchanging an item via an NPC should now update in real time.
- [Maehwa] Fixed the issue where the design of the Griffith Helmet changed depending on whether the visor was opened or closed.
- [Kunoichi] Fixed the issue where you could not use a Sub-Weapon Exchange Coupon item to exchange a shuriken for a kunai.
- Fixed the issue where Shais would get stuck in the barricades near the Eastern Gateway.
- Fixed the issue where grass and other gatherable resources did not appear in a part of Hexe Sanctuary.
- Fixed the issue where a certain island in the Al Halam Sea did not appear correctly on the minimap.
- Fixed the issue where the number of mounts taken out indicated on the Stable and Wharf windows was incorrect.
- Fixed the issue where you could not complete the quest objective of “If That’s What She Wants” in the area where you were directed to go do the quest.
- Fixed a text issue in the quest The Hidden Sacrament.
- Before: We used to think think that he was able to control fire.
- Now: We used to think that he was able to control fire.
- [Maehwa] Fixed the issue where the Horn Bow and arrow would be pointed in the wrong direction when used.
- Fixed the issue where a certain road in the Caduil Forest looked broken on the minimap.
- Fixed the issue where Mutant Gargoyles sometimes turned invisible after they died.
- Fixed the issue where ships would get stuck because of the wrecked ship near Padix Island.
- [Dark Knight] Fixed the issue where other adventurers could sometimes still see you when you used the skill Nocturne.
- Fixed the issue where the doors of certain buildings in Altinova did not close properly.
- [Witch] Fixed the issue where the Witch dismounted from rafts unnaturally.
- Fixed the issue where certain NPCs at the Longleaf Tree Sentry Post were stuck in certain structures.
- [Tamer] Fixed the issue where the beginning motions of the skill Flash: Stance Shift were awkward.
- Fixed the issue where the text did not fit inside the fishing minigame UI.