We continue with the celebrations of the Fourth Anniversary of BDO, this time with an event that many of you have been looking forward to: the Suppressed Boss Gear event, also known as the TRI Gear Event. Complete special quests during the event period in order to earn boss gear with stats equal to that of TRI boss gears! You already have better gear than this? No worries! You will be able to sell these gear for Silver!
Also, we bring you a new charity event: this time we will be helping some endangered species! Collect special tokens from Lara or by fishing, gathering or defeating monsters. At the end of the event period you will be able to choose which cause to donate your tokens to via our website. Join us in helping the endangered and the vulnerable!
As usual, you can read more about events, new additions, and fixes coming to this patch below.
Have fun and enjoy your time in Black Desert Online!
- Save the Wildlife
- Event Period: March 18 (after maintenance)–April 8 (before maintenance)
- Collect your Tokens: March 18 (after maintenance)–April 1 (before maintenance)
- Choose your Cause: April 1 (after maintenance)–April 8 (before maintenance)
- Some of the cute and cuddly pets in Black Desert Online are actually inspired by endangered or vulnerable species. Although these loyal pets follow many of you on your Black Desert Online adventures, animals like these are threatened with extinction in real life. We, Kakao Games and Pearl Abyss, want to help save our wildlife with the help of you, our adventurers. Join us in helping the endangered and the vulnerable.
- Donations raised from this charity event will be made to WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature).
- Collect [Event] Helping Hand Token in game and every token collected will count towards the donation which will be delivered to the charitable cause of your choice:
- One! Purchase from Lara in Heidel for 100,000 Silver each.
- Two! Obtain through loot from fishing, gathering, and defeating monsters.
- In addition, Lara will give you a special quest which you can complete by turning in [Event] Helping Hand Token for a special reward.
- After the token collection period ends, you will be able to choose which cause to donate your tokens to via the web from April 1–April 8. The amount of donation distributed to each cause will be determined by your selection. Any unselected donations will be distributed equally across all donation projects.
- Lastly, special in-game titles will be given to adventurers who take part in the charitable cause.
(For this and full details of the event, please click <Here>. link will be available soon)
- Fourth Anniversary Celebration Part 3
- Event 1: Suppressed Boss Gear Event
- Period: March 18 (after maintenance)–June 24 (before maintenance)
- Get Suppressed Boss Weapons via Challenges (Y) to receive Suppressed Boss Defense Gear via special quests! Suppressed boss gears have stats equal to that of TRI boss gears! Adventurers who already have better gear can sell these items to NPC Shops for 100–200 million Silver each.
- Event 2. Altar of Blood: Distorted Illusion
- Period: March 18 (after maintenance)–March 25 (before maintenance)
- Enter the new Distorted Illusion – Greed which requires a separate item that can be obtained via Challenges, conquer the Distorted Illusion and get rewards.
- Click <Here> for full details of the highly anticipated events!
- Spring Has Sprung
Spring is in the air and cherry blossoms have bloomed all over the world of Black Desert Online. Don’t miss the beautiful spring theme for the event period of March 18 (after maintenance)–April 8 (before maintenance).
- Event 1. Harvest the Plant
- Period: March 19 (00:00 UTC)–April 1 (before maintenance)
- Plant the [Event] Cherry Blossom Seed and grow Cherry Blossom trees to obtain Event] Blooming Scent of Springs. You can also purchase one via the Pearl Shop (F3) for 100,000 Silver.
- Event 2. Exchange with NPCs
- Period: March 19 (00:00 UTC)–April 8 (23:59 UTC)
- Get more Event] Blooming Scent of Springs via playtime challenges and exchange them for items such as Fine Accessory Box II.
- Event 3. Defeat Monsters, Gather, and Fish
- Period: March 18 (after maintenance)–April 1 (before maintenance)
- Defeat monsters, gather, fish to get [Event] Fresh Peach Flower Petal and [Event] Vibrant Peach Flower Branch items which can be processed to obtain special draughts.
- [PREVIEW] Event 4. Spring Screenshot Contest
- Submission Date (Post on your SNS!): March 25–April 8 (23:59 UTC)
- Staff’s Pick: April 9–April 10
- Winner’s Announcement: April 11 Friday
- Reward distribution: April 15 regular maintenance.
- Click <Here> for these events prepared for the spring season.
- A Knightly Pursuit
- Period: March 19 (00:00UTC)–April 8 (23:59UTC)
- Collect [Event] Knight’s Insignia via daily playtime challenge and exchange them for reward items including Cron Stone, [Event] Caphras Stone Bundle, and Advice of Valks (+100).
- Attendance Rewards Refreshed
- Loyal Attendance Rewards
- Period: March 19 (00:00 UTC)–April 22 (23:59 UTC)
- Check attendance daily and stack up on rewards including the brand new [Event] Shining Shakatu’s Seal! (Check under Item Changes below for details)
- Rookie and Returning Attendance Rewards
- Period: March 18 (after maintenance)–June 24 (before maintenance)
- Check attendance daily and stack up on rewards like the new [Event] Shining Shakatu’s Seal!, [Event] Lv. 57 Travel Kit*, Advice of Valks, Value Pack, and more!
*About [Event] Lv. 57 Travel Kit: When you open an [Event] Lv. 57 Travel Kit you will get, among other items, an [Event] Lv. 58 Travel Kit. The level in the item name indicates the minimum level a character needs to be at to open the travel kit. You will keep getting higher level travel kits, until you get an [Event] Lv. 60 Travel Kit, which contains Gold Bar 100G, Shakatu’s Luxury Box x1, Concentrated Magical Black Stone (Weapon) x5, Concentrated Magical Black Stone (Armor) x5, Artisan’s Memory x10, and Advice of Valks (25-35) x1.
- Click <Here> for full details on A Knightly Pursuit and refreshed attendance rewards.
- Fourth Anniversary Celebration Part 2
- Event 1. Dark Rift Update: Three New Bosses: March 11 (after maintenance)–April 1 (before maintenance)
- Event 2. Playtime Challenges: March 12 (00:00 UTC)–March 25 (23:59 UTC)
- Event 3: Wacky Toshi’s Secret Request: March 12 (00:00 UTC)–March 25 (23:59 UTC)
- Fourth Anniversary Celebration Part 1
- Event 1: Extra Special Attendance: March 3–April 1 (23:59 UTC)
- Event 2: Dark Rift Update: Mammore is Back!: March 4 (09:00 UTC)–March 25 (before maintenance)
- Event 3: [March Update] Black Spirit’s Adventure: UPGRADED: Mar 3–March 25 (before maintenance)
- Event 4: Golden Challenges for New Adventurers: March 3–April 1 (before maintenance)
- Event 5. Afuaru’s Guild Event for the New and Returning: March 3–March 25 (before maintenance)
- Succession of Events: Guardian: March 3 (after maintenance)–March 25 (before maintenance)
- SUPER FEVER TIME
- Succession of Events: Striker and Mystic
- Sweet Surprise
- Bonus! Mysterious Knight is Back!
We have reworked the movements you can make while euipping a hunting matchlock because we have heard that squatting and standing up with a matchlock was inconvenient due to the lack of speed and connectivity of these movements. Therefore we have focused on alleviating these issues. We hope that thanks to these changes you will be able to be more reactive to different situations while hunting.
- We have changed how you move while equipping a hunting matchlock as follows.
- Increased the speed you squat or stand up by 30%.
- If you are going from squatting to standing up when you try to move forward, you will walk forward and not move forward from a squatting position.
- You can now start moving while reloading your matchlock.
- You will now reload your three bullets one at a time instead of three at once.
- If you get interrupted while reloading (e.g. due to a CC status effect) the bullet you were currently reloading will not count and only the number of bullets you have reloaded so far will be in your matchlock. This means you could end up with zero, one, or two bullets reloaded instead of the usual three.
- You can now start rolling while reloading your matchlock. However, this will count as an interruption and the reload will be unsuccessful.
- You can start rolling while reloading your matchlock from both a standing or squatting position.
New Sea Coin Shop
We wanted Sea Coins to not only be useful for the Great Ocean contents and but also become a more universally useful currency. Therefore we want to add more ways you can use the coins so there is more supply and demand for these coins.
This is why we added a new Sea Coin Shop to Lema Island. You can buy certain useful items and Manos accessories there with Sea Coins. However, to try and minimize the effect this might have on the Silver-based economy, we have put purchase limits on the items sold in this new shop.
- Ravinia’s twin sister Rebinia has opened up a Sea Coin Shop on Lema Island.
- You can purchase the following items from Rebinia’s shop.
- You can only purchase the special, limited boxes containing the items below from Rebinia on Lema Island.
||Price (in Sea Coin)
|5 per day per family
||Caphras Stone x1
|Memory Fragment x1
|Cron Stone x1
|1 per week per family
||Caphras Stone x20
|Memory Fragment x20
|Cron Stone x20
|1 per day per family
||Manos Ring x1
|Manos Earring x1
|Manos Belt x1
|Manos Necklace x1
- You can no longer exchange Sea Coin Coupons for Manos accessories via Ravinia.
- You can now sell each Sea Coin Coupon to Ravinia or Rebinia for Sea Coin x10.
- You can now only enter the Altar of Blood if your HP is at 100%.
We are preparing balance patches for each class. Instead of large changes, we also want to build on the uniqueness of each class and work on detailing. This may take us some time but we will try our best to bring changes that will improve your gameplay experience.
- Fixed the issue where Prime: Descending Current skills froze and did not start automatically shooting arrows when used during their cooldowns, even after a certain amount of time had passed.
- Fixed the issue where Engulfing Shadow activated without the dashing motion when the skill was used after ranged skills like Abyssal Flame, Dream of Doom, or Signs of Agony.
- Fixed the issue where the Dark Maneuver skills looked deactivated after learning the skill Prime: Dark Manipulation, even when the Dark Maneuver skills were already learned.
- Fixed the issue where the special Beast Form effects of Prime: Fierce Strike, Prime: Predatory Hunt, and Prime: Beastly Wind Slash were not applied.
- Fixed the issue where the Claw Scar effect was not applied when using Prime: Fierce Strike in Beast Mode.
- Fixed the issue where Berseker inflicted the Injury debuff when using Prime: Predatory Hunt in Beast Mode.
- Fixed the issue where Berserker made a landing motion before jumping when Prime: Predatory Hunt was used on a slope.
- Removed the “Pushes the target on good hits” effect of the following skills.
- Allround Spinner
- Lightning of Earth
- Surging Tide
- Upward Claw
- Prime: Upward Claw
- Prime: Surging Tide
- Prime: Lightning of Earth
- Prime: Allround Spinner
- Reduced the distance of the “Pushes the target on good hits” effect of the following skills.
- Echo Pierce
- Heilang: Whiplash
- Fearful Trembling
- Prime: Whiplash
- Succession: Fearful Trembling
- Fixed the issue where the extra effects of Flow: Breath of Elion were applied when Breath of Elion skills were used in longsword mode, even if Flow: Breath of Elion was not yet learned.
- Fixed the issue where Shield Chase was activated if the ↑ + Shift keys were pressed while going from longsword combat to non-combat mode.
- Fixed the issue where longsword skills could sometimes not be cast after using Breath of Elion with a Quick Slot in lancia mode.
- When using the skill Prime: Decapitation, its Red Blade buff will now take into effect right after the extra hits of the skills begin.
- You can no longer cast Smokescreen or Prime: Smokescreen by holding SPACE after Prime: Blade Spin.
- Instead, you will now have to press SPACE twice.
- Fixed the issue where the Ninja made a falling motion after the extra hits of Succession: Ankle Cutter or the extra hits of Succession: Crescent Slash even when the skills were used at a low altitude.
- “Reduced the range of the floating effect of Prime: Slanted Balance.
- However, the damage range has not been changed.
- Fixed the issue where the knockdown effect of the last hit of Prime: Fist Fury was not applied from horseback.
- Fixed the issue where all your Martial Spirit Shards were consumed when you had two left before using Crouching Wolf, then Flash Step.
- Fixed the issue where Striker would sometimes not only start sprinting after moving forward while going from Gauntlet combat to non-combat mode, but also return to combat mode.
- Fixed the issue where Foretold Encounter was not cast if Guardian jumped while sprinting in jordun mode.
- Fixed the issue where stamina was consumed by 400 if you used Omua’s Objurgation during Awakening: Juggernaut.
- Fixed the issue where Guardian stopped in her actions after trying to use Omua’s Objurgation during Awakening: Juggernaut without enough stamina.
- You can now use Prime: Mutilation by pressing Shift + RMB after Prime: Black Blood Slaughter.
- If the Prime: Black Blood Slaughter cannot be cast after Prime: Mutilation, then the third hit of Prime: Beast Demolisher will be triggered instead.
- You can now cast Prime: Infernal Nemesis by pressing C during Juggernaut.
- Increased the casting speed for Prime: Savage Hack.
- Fixed the issue where Attack Speed stats did not influence Claw Reveal and Prime: Claw Reveal skills.
- Fixed the issue where you could not get Mushroom Hypha from gathering the mushrooms in Polly’s Forest.
- Fixed the text about the usage of the following items in their descriptions.
- Mirror of Equilibrium
- Inverted Heart of Garmoth
- Fixed the issue where you could obtain [Event] Serendian Token of Protection even though the relevant event had ended.
- The Item Drop Amount effect of Item Collection Increase Scroll items will now only apply to junk items.
- You can no longer give an NPC gear with a crystal transfused to it during a quest or via the Exchange function.
A new version of Shakatu’s seals, the [Event] Shining Shakatu’s Seals has been added and the existing [Event] Shakatu’s Seals have been updated.
[Event] Shining Shakatu’s Seals
- These are special seals Shakatu presents to people he built a relationship with over a long time. Collect the seals and take them to Raomi, Shakatu’s right-hand man, to exchange them for top quality items. Please right-click on the item for the exact NPC location.
- You can only exchange the seals if your character is Lv. 56 or higher.
|[Event] Shining Shakatu’s Seals Required
||[Event] Gold Bar Box
|Choose one +5 Granverre horse gear
||PRI: Ogre Ring
|Ship License: Epheria Sailboat
|Choose one Epheria Sailboat equipment
|Choose one Epheria Frigate equipment
||Choose one Krogdalo’s Horse Gear
|Horse Emblem: Tier 8 Horse (The horse comes with S: Instant Accel.)
|Choose one TRI: Geranoa Accessory
||Advice of Valks (+100)
|TRI: Tungrad Earring
|TRI: Tungrad Ring
||Awakening Weapon Exchange Coupon (7 Days)
|Main Weapon Exchange Coupon (7 days)
|Sub-Weapon Exchange Coupon (7 Days)
|TRI: Tungrad Belt
|TRI: Tungrad Necklace
|Choose one TRI: Manos Accessory
[Event] Shakatu’s Seal
- [Event] Shakatu’s Seals can be exchanged for items with Dellus, Shakatu’s right-hand man. Please right-click on the item for his exact location.
- Additional items you can exchange with [Event] Shakatu’s Seals have been added with March 18 maintenance. Please refer to the chart below.
- This is an additional option and not a replacement of existing items you can exchange with the seals.
|[Event] Shakatu’s Seals Required
||Cron Stone x5
||Advice of Valks (+20)
||Advice of Valks (+30)
||Advice of Valks (+40)
||Advice of Valks (+50)
- For details on newly added Pearl Shop Update, please click < Here > !
- Doubled the chance of looting Garmoth’s Heart from the world boss version of Garmoth.
- Fixed the issue where the wrong reward for defeating Muskan, Ferrid, or Ronan at the Dark Rift was given out.
- Changed the third entry of the Valentine’s Day Adventure Log to be more concise and better fit the UI.
- You should now be able to interact with Catherine’s Journal more easily to complete the quest objective of the Kamasylvia main quest Sea of Spring.
- Fixed the issue where the Decimator of Tulitua, who appears during the quest The Song of Okiara Spirit, did not die even after a certain amount of time.
- The type of awakening weapon you get for completing the awakening questline for your character has been changed as follows.
- Green grade, enhancement level +10 awakening weapon
- Blue grade, enhancement level +0 awakening weapon
- An enhancement level +0 blue grade awakening weapon with the same stats as an enhancement level +10 green grade one
- This weapon cannot be enhanced further.
- Changed the quest objective of the fourth entry of the third volume of Bartali’s Adventure Log so you no longer have to put on the earring left behind by the witch, but show the earring to a certain NPC.
- Fixed the issue where the notification on the upper left side of the screen for completing an Adventure Log quest did not appear properly.
- You can now see how much time you have left until your rifle is reloaded whenever you reload your rifle in the Sniper Rifle minigame.
- The font size of the basic text bubble description was decreased.
- Fixed the issue where it was difficult to select the buttons near the text bubble that appears on the lower right side of the screen.
- Fixed the issue where the button for the bargain minigame could not be pressed when you are a trade magnate.
- Fixed the issue where the number of Theiah’s Orb items you owned was not displaying properly.
- Fixed the issue where the text about contribution points did not fit for certain NPCs in the Find NPC window.
- Fixed the issue where text would overlap when the size of the War Status window was reduced.
- [Archer] Fixed the issue where the Ra’ghon, Crossbow, and hands disappeared in the Beauty and Character Customization windows.
- [Lahn] Fixed the graphical issue with the crescent pendulum when going up gentle hills.
- Fixed the issue where a notification appeared multiple times when opening the Recruit Guild Member window.
- [Witch/Wizard] Fixed the issue where Succession: Magic Arrow could be cast even if the Magic Arrow skills were locked.
- [Guardian] Fixed the command key text for Prime: Black Blood Slaughter.
- Skill Add-on reset will immediately be applied when using the Combat/Skill EXP Exchange Coupon.
- Fixed the issue where the wrong quest titles were appearing for some of the Kamasylvia main quests in the Quest window.
- Fixed the issue where you were able to use the Dark Flame Steps skill after using the Drift skill while two riders were riding the Dream Horse Doom using the two-seater skill
- Fixed the issue where certain structures looked unnatural in the following places.
- Fixed the issue where characters who left a guild were still able to ride on the back seat of the guild’s elephant.
- Fixed the issue where characters who left a guild alliance while riding the alliance’s elephant could remain on the elephant.
- You can now purchase villa buffs from your campsite with the Silver from your inventory, even if you do not have knowledge of the capital of the region you are currently at.
- However, if you want to use Silver from the storage, you will still need to have the relevant knowledge.
- Fixed the issue where the windows for purchasing or selling certain items on the Central Market sometimes did not open.
- Fixed the issue where the graphs of the market prices of certain items did not appear correctly.
- [NA only] We are aware of the issue where Fever Time is working from 17:00–24:00 PDT instead of 16:00–23:00 PDT on weekdays and 16:00–04:00 PDT instead of 15:00–03:00 PDT on weekends. The daylight savings time for NA will be implemented for Fever Time on NA with the maintenance on March 25 maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.