The wait is over and Season Servers have arrived to the world of Black Desert Online! Starting today you will be able to level up and develop a new Season Character in these special servers. During this Summer Season, you will be able to acquire new gear that can even be converted to regular gear once the season is over. Don’t miss the opportunity to take part in this new content, as the Summer Season will last only a few months!
Also, for our horse trainers, we bring you a quality of life change that many of you have been requesting for a long time: Success chances will now be displayed when you are trying to acquire a Dream Horse!
We have more content, bug fixes, and others in this week’s update, so come and take a look below! Have fun!
- Season Server Launch Events
- Event 1: Summer Season Playtime Challenge
- Period: June 18 (00:00 UTC)–July 29 (23:59 UTC)
- Play daily with your Season Character and get [Event] Summer Season Commemorative Coin from the Challenge tab (Y) based on your accumulated playtime during the event period.
- Event 2: Leveling Aid Challenge
- Period: June 18 (00:00 UTC)–July 1 (before maintenance)
- Simply log in with your Season Character during the event period and receive the following boosts like Mercenary’s Experience (60 min) and Mercenary’s Experience (120 min).
- Event 3: Get Refined Magical Black Stones
- Period: June 18 (00:00 UTC)–July 15 (before maintenance)
- Simply log in with your Season Character during the event period and receive Refined Magical Black Stones each day.
- Event 4: Hot Summer Time
- Period: June 17 (after maintenance)–July 1 (before maintenance)
- Enjoy an additional boost of Combat EXP +250% and Skill EXP + 25% during Hot Time hours!
- Event 5: Time-filled Mysterious Knight
- Period: June 17 (after maintenance)–July 1 (before maintenance)
- During the event period, <Special Skill Instructor> Mysterious Knight will randomly appear all over the world of Black Desert Online. Simply Interact (R) with the NPC to get Combat EXP +100%, Skill EXP +100%, and Item Drop Rate +10% for 180 minutes.
- Click <Here> for full details on these events.
- Refer-a-Friend Promotion is Back!
- Period: June 17 (after maintenance)–July 15 (before maintenance)
- Invite your friends and earn rewards! New players that use your Referral ID after joining Black Desert Online will get special rewards upon reaching in-game milestones.
- Check out de details of the promotion <Here>
- [SNS Event] Caption This!
- Choose your favorite scene in our newest Carbot Animation Video, screenshot then caption it, and express your creativity!
- Upload the screenshot, caption it with a creative title, and let us know by hashtagging it!
- Submission Date (Post on your SNS!): June 17 (after maintenance)–June 30 (23:59 UTC)
- Winner’s Announcement: July 3
- Reward Distribution: July 10 (during maintenance)
- Check out the details through the event page <Here>.
- You can also check out the Carbot Animation video introducing the Season Servers <Here>. We hope you enjoy it!
- Season Character Pre-creation
- Waiting for Summer
- Mid Season Events: Available until June 17 (23:59 UTC)
- Shai’s Got Talent
- Winner Announcement: June 17
- Reward Distribution: June 24 (during maintenance)
- Enter Coupon Code Now!
- Register the following coupon code under your account now: BDOSCHR
- Thanks to strong interest all over the globe, we have surpassed over 200,000 Season Characters created across all service regions of Black Desert Online. To celebrate we would like to present you with the following rewards which can be redeemed if you enter the coupon code above now:
- Time-filled Black Stone x300
- Refined Magical Black Stone x70
- Tuvala Ore x50
- The coupon code expires on July 1 (08:00 UTC) and you must also claim the coupon rewards from your account and also from in-game mailbox before this date.
- From our official website, go to SHOP > REDEEM CODE and enter your Coupon Code to claim the rewards which can be found under ACCOUNT > COUPON list.
- For STEAM players, please go to ESC menu > COMMUNITY (If in the New Menu) > REDEEM > then enter your code under Register Your Key.
- Season Character Pre-creation Rewards
- Rewards have been sent to all adventurers who created a Season Character during the pre-creation period: June 3 (08:00 UTC)–June 17 (08:00 UTC).
- You need to have had a Season Character created (and not deleted) in your account on June 17 (08:00 UTC) to be eligible for the rewards.
- Please check your in-game mailbox and claim your rewards before expiration.
- Arsha Leaderboard Returns: Season Rewards Week 3
- For placing in the top 20 ranks for this week (up until maintenance), your Season Rewards have been sent to your in-game mailbox (B). Congratulations and thank you for the fierce fights!
Major Update: Season Server
We are excited to open up the season servers for the first time. We hope that our efforts will help many of you, especially our new adventurers, find your footing in the world of Black Desert Online.
We designed the season servers with three objectives in mind.
First and foremost, we wanted to keep things challenging enough to not make the progress feel empty. We especially focused on the gear available in the season servers, because getting good gear is an aspect we felt was one of the hardest challenges in our game. Therefore, we included season server exclusive “Tuvala” gear as well as special black stones. The Tuvala gear was designed to be par with the coveted “boss” gear while being easier to get and enhance. Easier, but not easy. We hope that you still can come to master this system that is so fundamental to our game.
The second thing we wanted to focus on giving you a feeling of excitement that this kind of seasonal content could bring. Seasons servers, as you might be able to tell from the name, will be seasonal. Every season, you must create a new character and start anew. This is why we made certain limitations on what season characters can and cannot do so that each season feels more like a fresh start, with your character unable to enjoy certain benefits from having a more advanced family in the regular servers like inheriting their gear or riding dream horses.
Lastly, we wanted to make the transition from the season to regular servers when the season ends as smooth as possible. Over the years, there has been so much content building up in our game. This has been both a blessing and a curse. We cannot hope to prepare you for everything, but by focusing on helping season characters get easier access to better gear, we hope that when these characters transition into the regular servers, they will at least have an easier time with the combat-related content of our game. We are also planning on more ways to help our first batch of season server “graduates” acclimate to the regular servers.
We want to keep servicing Black Desert Online, a game we love deeply, for a long, long time. As we do this, we want to preserve the gains made from hard work while bridging gaps. We don’t expect to have perfected this approach to the season servers on our first try, but we promise to keep an eye out so we can make further improvements for you.
- Summer has arrived in the season servers.
- Only season characters can access the season servers.
- Season characters can only access the season servers for one season. For example, if you create a character during the “summer” season it loses access to the season servers come autumn.
- These servers are open to season characters of any level, who can enjoy EXP boosts 24/7.
- Season characters can only equip certain gear. You can tell which gear they can equip by a yellow icon (see image below).
- Season characters cannot accept the “[EXC] Better Weapon” quests
- Added season server exclusive “Tuvala” gear.
- Added Time-filled Black Stones and Refined Magical Black Stone, which are items for enhancing Tuvala gear.
- Added Fughar, a season server exclusive NPC who will be located next to the Stable Keepers in large towns including Velia.
- Added Summer Season Challenges for the season servers.
- Added the following season character exclusive weekly quests for defeating monsters.
- You can accept and complete one of the following quests each week.
- You can find the quests under the “[Season] Even Stronger Tuvala Gear” tab in the Quests (O) window.
- These quests are available once per family.
|[Weekly] Hordes of Bandits
||Rafa (Node Manager of Gahaz Bandit’s Lair)
||Defeat Gahaz Bandits enemies
||Time-filled Black Stone x600
Tuvala Ore x90
Refined Magical Black Stone x40
|[Weekly] Rules of the Roud Sulfur Works
||Ustouvan (Node Manager of Roud Sulfur Mine)
||Defeat Roud Sulfur Works Lava enemies
|[Weekly] Impenitent Criminals
||Botadin (Node Manager at Pila Ku Jail)
||Defeat Pila Ku Jail enemies
|[Weekly] Homesick Desert Naga
||Desert Naga Search Captain (Node Manager of Titium Valley)
||Defeat Desert Fogan enemies
|[Weekly] Dangerous Argos Saunils
||Maia (Node Manager of Crescent Shrine)
||Defeat Crescent Shrine enemies
|[Weekly] Help that Never Arrives
||Saira (Atui Detached Force member at Desert Naga Temple)
||Defeat Desert Naga enemies
|[Weekly] New Mushroom Dish
||Weenie (Spirit of Weenie Cabin)
||Defeat Polly’s Forest mushroom enemies
|[Weekly] Rule of Power
||Khalid (Node Manager of Loopy Tree Forest)
||Defeat Fadus enemies
|[Weekly] A Soldier Who Cannot Go Home
||Enro (Node Manager of Navarn Steppe)
||Defeat Navarn Steppe enemies
|[Weekly] For the Forest
||Navir (Node Manager of Acher Western Camp)
||Defeat Forest Ronaros enemies
|[Weekly] Frenzy of Manshaums
||Viverza (Node Manager of Manshaum Forest)
||Defeat Manshaum enemies
|[Weekly] Full-scale Cleaning of the Tshira Ruins
||Leon (Node Manager of Tshira Ruins)
||Defeat Tshira Ruins enemies
|[Weekly] Blood Wolf Extermination
||Myra (Node Manager of Night Crow Post)
||Defeat Kagtum enemies
- Added the following season character exclusive quests to do after completing the Valencia, Kamasylvia, or Drieghan main quests in the season server.
- These quests are available once per family.
- You can accept the quests from the Black Spirit.
|[Season] Rabam’s Gift
||Complete Quest “[Lv.55 Valencia] Eastern Sands Kingdom Story”
||Refined Magical Black Stone x30
|[Season] Sahazad’s Gift
||Complete Quest “[Lv.56 Valencia II] Treasure of Valencia”
|[Season] Brolina’s Gift
||Complete Quest “[Lv. 58 Kamasylvia] The Light of Kamasylve”
|[Season] Durgeff’s Gift
||Complete Quest “[Lv.58 Drieghan I] A Crimson Shadow”
||Tuvala Ore x30
|[Season] Hughol’s Gift
||Complete Quest “[Lv.58 Drieghan II] Spread of Terror”
- Added Tuvala Ores, which can be exchanged for weapons.
- You can get Tuvala Ores by defeating monsters in Valencia, Kamasylvia, Drieghan, and Sycraia Underwater Ruins or through processing Tuvala gear.
- Use Heating in the Processing window (L) on a Tuvala accessory to get Tuvala Ore x5.
- Use Heating in the Processing window (L) on Tuvala gear (excluding accessories) to get Tuvala Ore x1.
- Refer to the Season Servers Guide and Dev Note: Season Servers for more details on the new season servers.
- Gear up for some PvP tournaments towards the end of the season. More details will be announced soon.
- Added a Chat Group for each class.
- Added the “Garnier Troupe” Chat Group where you can discuss Compose and Play related content.
- Optimized certain effects to alleviate the issue with the game running slow when defeating monsters at certain monster zones.
- Reduced the safe zone around the Tooth Fairy Forest and increased the size of the Tooth Fairy Forest.
- Added NPC Elro the Guild Wharf Manager to Oquilla’s Eye.
- Fixed the issue where ships would not get damaged in certain locations even though it was close enough to the guild boss Khan near Oquilla’s Eye to be damaged.
- Fixed the issue where feral attacks of Fierce Strike continued even after the Beast Form buff ended.
- You can now use Righteous Charge in combo smoothly when using Shield Chase.
- Fixed the issue where Black Spirit: Black Blood Circle skills were cast even though they were locked.
- Fixed the issue where Black Spirit: Infernal Nemesis could not be cast during God Incinerator or Awakening: Juggernaut.
- Your character will now make a cheering motion when getting Mass of Pure Magic.
- Added text to the description of J’s Special Scroll explaining that this item’s effects are applied in monster zones recommended for parties.
- Fixed the text about the effects of eating the following mushrooms to be more accurate.
- Hump Mushroom
- Bluffer Mushroom
- High-Quality Hump Mushroom
- High-Quality Bluffer Mushroom
- Special Hump Mushroom
- Special Bluffer Mushroom
|Stun Resistance +5%
Stun/Stiffness Resistance +5%
|Stun/Stiffness/Freezing Resistance +5%
- Season Characters can now exchange Fughar’s Lost Crystal Shard x1 for Time-filled Black Stone x10 via NPC Fughar, whom you can find in town.
- Click <Here> for the “Waiting for Summer” event page with more details.
- For details on the newly added Pearl Shop Update, please click < Here > !
- Reduced the height of the Sealing Stone in front of World Boss Vell, decreasing the size of Vell’s Realm.
- This means ships can get closer to Vell before attacking. However, don’t throw your caution overboard and enter Vell’s Realm at your own risk!
- Under Kunga of the Shultz Guard, the Shultz Guard has strengthened their defenses.
- Their AP and DP have increased, and the loot for defeating them has been adjusted thusly.
- The recommended AP for the Shultz Guard monster zone is now 240.
- Kunga will appear at a certain rate while you are fighting the Shultz Guard.
- Only one type of armor fragment junk item will drop at this monster zone.
- Increased the Agris Fever points consumed while defeating monsters at the Shultz Guard monster zone from 1 to 3.
- Reduced the time it takes for the following to respawn.
- Cron Castle Barracks that are needed to complete quests
- Certain structures and Al Rhundi’s soldiers at the Castle Ruins
- Harpies and harpy warriors at Delphe Knights Castle
- Increased the number of Cron Castle Barracks that spawns at a time.
- Added more stats tracking the success rate of awakening a Dream Horse to the Courser Training window.
- Updated the Arena of Arsha UI.
- Fixed the issue where it appeared as if there was no Silver in the storage when trying to collect wages from guild missions right after connecting to the game.
- If the Blacksmith’s Secret Book or Devour tab of the Enhancement window is open before the Enhancement window is closed, when you open the window again you will see the same tab you were using before the window was closed.
- You can now use the item Fairy’s Blessing via the Enhancement window.
- Fixed the issue where an unfunctional button appeared on the upper right side of the Photo Gallery window when it was maximized.
- It will now be possible to see an item’s enhancement stats and grade in the Item Exchange window via its mouseover tooltip.
- Improved the alert that appears when a ship gear does not have enough durability by making the alert more specific.
- Fixed the issue where the outline indicating which character you are currently playing in the End Game window did not display correctly.
- Fixed the issue where clicking on the icons without possessing a pet, fairy, maid, or butler did not lead you to the relevant BDO wiki page.
- [Valkyrie] Fixed the issue where after using Death Line Chase to move backward while Shield Chase III is on cooldown, using any Shield Chase again caused weapons and skills to act abnormally.
- Fixed the graphical issues with the following apparel.
- [Shai] Shudad Black
- [Tamer] Calpheon Noble Dress
- Fixed the issue where a wrong item was mentioned in the descriptions of the following items.
- Khan Tier 0 Reward
- Khan Tier 1 Reward
- Khan Tier 2 Reward
- Khan Tier 3 Reward
|Golden Black Stone
||Fiery Black Stone
- Fixed the issue where the wrong graphical effect appeared when using Rage Absorption (Common).
- Fixed the graphical issues with certain structures in the following areas.
- Rhua Tree Stub
- Mirumok Ruins
- Fixed the issue where characters would get buried in certain parts of the Altinova Area.
- Fixed the issue where the minimap did not display certain areas of Cron Castle Site correctly.
- Fixed the issue where characters would make swimming motions in certain areas of the Sycraia Upper Zone.
- Fixed the issue where swimwear would not be displayed in your residence even after pressing the View Underwear button on the upper part of your screen.
- Changed the message that appears when trying to use Valks’ Cry when the Valks Enhancement Chance is already +10 as follows.
|Cannot use. Maximum additional enhancement count has overlapped.
||You have already reached the maximum Valks enhancement chance.
- Fixed the issue where your settings under Settings > Sound Effects did not affect the introductory video that appears when logging into a Lv. 1 character, or to the sound effects of certain UI.
- Fixed the issue where the camera perspective was abnormal when taking a high-resolution screenshot.
- Due to a technical issue, the Hot Summer Time boost will be missing for Monday, June 22 in our NA region. Therefore, we have planned compensation for the NA region. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please find the details <Here>.
- We are aware of the issue where you cannot access the full versions of text that have been cut short in the Chat Group window with ellipses.
- This issue is expected to be fixed with the June 24 maintenance.