Summer is almost here in the world of Black Desert Online, so we are preparing some events to help you welcome in these warm months of the year.
First of all, acquire Fughar’s Lost Crystal Shards when defeating monsters on regular servers, which you will be able to exchange for special Black Stones that you will need to enhance the Season Server exclusive “Tuvala” gear. Take advantage of this event to give your Season Character a boost when Season Servers are live!
Secondly, the great hunter Jimmy Brooks is visiting the major towns of the continent, and he is looking for the bravest adventurers to complete special quests. Once you complete these quests you will be awarded with Sharp Black Crystal Shards and Hard Black Crystal Shards.
As usual, you can read the details of the events, other fixes, and new additions below! Enjoy!
- Waiting for Summer
- Period: June 10 (after maintenance)–Until Season Server Launch (exact date to be announced)
- NPC Fughar will be a good friend to help you in your adventures in the Summer Season. Collect Fughar’s Lost Crystal Shard during this pre-launch period, and exchange the item with NPC Fughar for Time-filled Black Stones!
- Click <Here> for full details.
- Track Down Jimmy Brooks
- Period: June 10 (after maintenance)–June 24 (before maintenance)
- The great hunter Jimmy Brooks of Behr is rounding off his long journey by visiting the major towns of the continent. Track him down for the following quests, which can be accepted once a day.
- After you have enough Hunter’s Seals you can turn them into complete the quest and get a certain number of Sharp Black Crystal Shards or Hard Black Crystal Shards.
- Event quests will reset daily at 00:00 UTC and can only be completed once per family per day.
|[Daily Repeat] The Sharp Hunter’s Instinct I||Give 40 Hunter’s Seals||Sharp Black Crystal Shard x1|
|[Daily Repeat] The Sharp Hunter’s Instinct II||Give 200 Hunter’s Seals||Sharp Black Crystal Shard x5|
|[Daily Repeat] The Sharp Hunter’s Instinct III||Give 600 Hunter’s Seals||Sharp Black Crystal Shard x15|
|[Daily Repeat] The Sturdy Hunter’s Tenacity I||Give 20 Hunter’s Seals||Hard Black Crystal Shard x1|
|[Daily Repeat] The Sturdy Hunter’s Tenacity II||Give 100 Hunter’s Seals||Hard Black Crystal Shard x5|
|[Daily Repeat] The Sturdy Hunter’s Tenacity III||Give 300 Hunter’s Seals||Hard Black Crystal Shard x15|
- Arsha Leaderboard Returns: May 27–June 24 (before maintenance)
- Mid Season Events: Event 1: Amazing Attendance Rewards: May 21–June 17 (23:59 UTC)
- Shai’s Got Talent
- Submission period: May 20–June 7 (23:59 UTC)
- Staff Pick: June 8–June 10
- Community Vote: June 11–June 16
- Winner Announcement: June 17
- Reward Distribution: June 24 (during maintenance)
- Newly Discovered Treasures
- Drop Rate Boosts
- Arsha Leaderboard Returns: Season Rewards Week 2
- For placing in the top 20 ranks for this week, your Season Rewards have been sent to your in-game mailbox (B). Congratulations and thank you for the fierce fights.
- You can now make the following barters after using the Ship Material Refresh function if you have a certain accumulated barter count.
|Accumulated Barter Count||Item Given||Item Received|
|100||One Level 3 trade good||Fiery Black Stone x3 (you can do this 3 times)|
|300||One Level 4 trade good||Frosted Black Stone x3 (you can do this 3 times)|
|3,500||One Level 5 trade good||Solar Black Stone x1 (you can do this 1 time)|
|3,500||Gold Bar 100G x1||Solar Black Stone x1 (you can do this 1 time)|
|3,500||One Level 5 trade good||Lunar Black Stone x1 (you can do this 1 time)|
|3,500||Gold Bar 100G x2||Lunar Black Stone x1 (you can do this 1 time)|
|5,000||Starlight Powder (amount will vary but will average 115)||Sunset Black Stone x1 (you can do this 1 time)|
- Fixed the issue where it was possible to barter Brilliant Rock Salt Ingot or Brilliant Pearl Shard for more items than intended.
- Barters exchanging Crow Coins for the following items will now appear at a low rate during ship material barter.
- Golden Galley Figurine
- Golden Turtle Shell
- Obsidian Crystal Bracelet
- Elaborate Pearl Necklace
- Gilded Coral
- Since there were two items called Golden Coral, the one used in bartering has been renamed “Gilded Coral.”
- Changed the stats of the Velia Tribute Wagon and Heidel Tribute Wagon that depart 2 hours before the start of Conquest Wars as follows.
- Durability + 1,000%
- DP +100%
- Toggling off Agris Fever point consumption will now take into effect immediately.
- Increased the AP and DP of the boss monsters for the Balenos, Serendia, Calpheon, and Mediah main quests.
- Fixed the issue where you could not get past NPC Rafa of Gahaz Bandit’s Lair.
- Fixed the issue where Guardian moved strangely when using the skill Juggernaut I, II, or III in awakening mode with zero stamina.
- An alert message will now always appear when exchanging Dark Spirit’s Greed via an NPC.
- Added more details about the quests that need to be completed to use Laila’s Petal to the item’s description.
- Increased the Central Market’s max price for the following items.
- Red Battlefield Crystal: Harphia
- Red Battlefield Crystal: Cobelinus
- Red Battlefield Crystal: Viper
- Red Battlefield Crystal: Hystria
- Red Battlefield Crystal: Carmae
- Red Battlefield Crystal: Addis (previously called Red Battlefield Crystal – Addis)
- Matched the Central Market max prices of Loggia Necklace, Loggia Ring, and Loggia Belt per enhancement level to those of Loggia Earring.
- Matched the Central Market max prices of Geranoa Earring, Geranoa Necklace, and Geranoa Belt per enhancement level to those of Geranoa Ring.
- Added text to the descriptions of the following items about how the Debuff Resistance Against Monsters and normal resistance are applied separately.
- Elixir of Resistance
- Elixir of Sharp Resistance
- [Party] Elixir of Resistance
- [Party] Elixir of Sharp Resistance
- Added text to the description of J’s Special Scroll saying that the item will start expiring immediately.
- For details on the newly added Pearl Shop Update, please click < Here > !
- Added monsters to the more remote parts of Star’s End.
- Added Unstable Star Debris and monsters to the areas of Star’s End less densely populated by monsters.
- Moved the location of some of the existing Unstable Star Debris so they do not overlap with the newly added ones.
- Added quest-related structures around the Ancient Stone Statues in Star’s End
- Fixed the issue where some of the Lateh’s Tombs in Sherekhan Necropolis moved at night.
- Changed the objective of the Balenos, Serendia, Calpheon, and Mediah main quests that required using the Investigate or Eavesdrop functions to be easier to complete.
- Highlighted the text in the quest summary of Collecting Traces about how to replace a lost Sample Collecting Tool.
- Fixed the issue where the title of the knowledge entry about the Flute Boy was appearing as “Witch at the Farm.”
- The icons for the Pet List, Fairy Information, and Maid/Butler List windows will now always appear on the left side of the game screen.
- If you do not possess a pet, fairy, maid, or butler the relevant icons will appear gray.
- Clicking on the icons without possessing a pet, fairy, maid, or butler will lead you to the relevant BDO wiki page.
- The button for Sprouting will now always appear in the Fairy window.
- If you press the button for Sprouting when your fairy cannot sprout yet, a message will appear about how you should try again after rebirthing or growing the fairy first.
- Added explanatory text to the Fairy Information window about how fairies can sprout after reaching their max level.
- Fixed the issue where you could not click and drag the Group Chat window from the right side of the window which displays the title.
- Removed the hazy effect from the background of the Find NPC window.
- Added text in the window that appears when requesting a chat ban that explains that each request consumes Energy.
- Fixed the issue where the location of the quests listed in the Quests (O) window did not update correctly when a quest was forfeited via that window.
- Added text about how often Black Spirit’s Rage recovers to its explanation.
- Fixed the text overlap issue in the My Bid List section sometimes obscured the Remaining Bid Count of the Guild Auction House window.
- Fixed the issue with text in the Title tab of the My Information (P) window not fitting in the UI after the window was adjusted to the smallest possible size.
- Fixed the graphical issues with the following apparel.
- [Warrior] Bern
- [Musa] Demon Binder
- [Guardian] Marine Romance
- [Dark Knight] Shudad Black
- [Shai] Fixed the graphical issue with hair color that occured when equipped with certain items.
- Fixed the issue where the place you have to go to complete the quest Escape from Waragon Cave was wrong.
- Fixed the issue with a missing line break in the quest acceptance dialogue for [Boss] The Stomp Heard Round the World.
- Fixed the graphical issue with floating rocks at certain locations.
- Fixed the issue where lying on the ground in certain locations made you appear buried there.
- Fixed the issue where characters would get stuck in certain locations in Altinova.
- Fixed the graphical issue with the branches of trees at Rhua Tree Stub.
- Fixed the issue where characters could fall and get stuck in certain places at Pujiya Canyon.
- If the text next to the checkbox for creating a Season Character is too long, it will now automatically be shortened to fit.
- Fixed the issue where the Life Info tab in the My Information (P) window sometimes appeared strangely after adjusting the size of My Information (P) window.
- Fixed the issue with the button for gathering resources (e.g. water) repeatedly not functioning correctly.
- Fixed the awkward navigation between Grána and Weenie Cabin.
- Fixed the awkward navigation within Port Ratt.
- Removed the text in the description of Marine Romance outfits that said they could not be registered in the Central Market.
- [Valkyrie] We are aware of the issue where after using Death Line Chase to move backward while Shield Chase III is on cooldown, using any Shield Chase again causes weapons and skills to act abnormally.
- This issue is expected to be fixed with the June 17 maintenance.