Last week we announced that Season Servers are coming to the EU and NA servers of Black Desert Online. Starting today, you will be able to pre-create a new Season Character for these new servers and earn rewards just for doing this. Next week Season Servers will be open and you will be able to play with your new Season Character and earn more rewards just by playing!
In addition, new weapons are available that many of you have been waiting for: Obsidian Abyssal Main Weapons, Sandstorm Sub-weapons, and Ultimate Katan Awakening Weapons.
As usual, this patch brings fixes and changes that you can read about below.
- Season Character Pre-creation
- Period: June 3 (after maintenance)–Until Season Server Launch (exact date to be announced)
- During the event period, simply create a Season Character early and prepare for the Season Servers launching soon.
- The release of Season Servers for the NA and EU servers, which was originally set for June 10, has been postponed. We will announce further details at a later time. Thank you for your understanding.
- After creating your Season Character, you will not be able to play with them until the Season Servers officially opens.
- The very first season is called Summer Season and it will last until September 2 (before maintenance).
- You should see a special icon marking the Season Character in the Character Selection window.
- For having created the Season Character early, you will receive the following rewards:
- Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min) x5
- [Event] Shining Shakatu’s Seal x5
- Time-filled Black Stone x100
- Trainer’s Flute (7 Days) x1
- Inventory +8 Expansion Coupon x1
- Gold Bar 1,000G x1
- 1 Papu Emoji (Permanent) x1
- Please make sure to not delete the Season Character before the official release of Summer Season (the very first global Season Server period) in order to receive the rewards. Stay tuned for the Season Server release date.
- Click <Here> for the full details on the pre-creation event!
- Click <Here> for more information about the upcoming Season Servers.
- Drop Rate Boosts
- Period: June 3 (after maintenance)–June 10 (before maintenance)
- During the entire event period, drop rate for the following items will increase:
- Defeat monsters to enjoy drop rate boost on Black Stone (Weapon) and Black Stone (Armor)
- Gather to enjoy drop rate boost on Sharp Black Crystal Shard and Hard Black Crystal Shard
- The drop rate boosts will run 24/7 and will apply to all servers excluding Olvia servers.
- The drop rate boost will stack with the Arsha server item drop rate boost and other item drop effects including that of Item Collection Increase Scrolls.
- The drop rate boost will be applied to the listed items from defeating monsters and gathering. However, it will NOT apply when fishing.
- Event period and specs. may change with future notice.
- Arsha Leaderboard Returns: May 27–June 24 (before maintenance)
- Mid Season Events
- Event 1: Amazing Attendance Rewards: May 21–June 17 (23:59 UTC)
- Newly Discovered Treasures: May 27 (after maintenance)–June 10 (before maintenance)
- Shai’s Got Talent
- Submission period: May 20–June 7 (23:59 UTC)
- Staff Pick: June 8–June 10
- Community Vote:June 11–June 16
- Winner Announcement: June 17
- Reward Distribution: June 24 (during maintenance)
- Giddy Up!
- Season of Life
- Mid Season Events
- Event 3: Shakatu Gives Gold: Available until June 3 (23:59 UTC)!
- Event 4: Black Spirit’s Adventure: UPGRADED
- Event 5: Daily Item Collection Increase Scrolls
- Heidel Ball: AT HOME Rewards
- Relive the Heidel Ball: AT HOME stream held last Saturday <Here>.
- Enjoy the following rewards announced during the stream and thank you once again for tuning into this global online get-together.
- J’s Special Scroll x5
- Cron Stone x530
- Advice of Valks (+100) x1
- [Event] Horse Emblem Box
- Cron Stone x530
- By opening the [Event] Horse Emblem Box, you have a chance to get a Tier 7 – 8 horse.
- The rewards listed above are shown in the order as announced in the stream. This does mean Cron Stone x530 will be sent twice.
- Added new weapons.
- Added Obsidian Abyssal main weapons.
- These weapons are more powerful than Black Abyssal weapons. You can get this type of weapon by heating a Black Abyssal weapon with the new item Obsidian Alloy in the Processing window (L).
- Added Ultimate Katan awakening weapons and Sandstorm sub-weapons to ease the journey through Valencia.
- Ultimate Katan awakening weapons and Sandstorm sub-weapons can be enhanced. The chances of successfully enhancing them are higher than usual.
- Ultimate Katan awakening weapons and Sandstorm sub-weapons cannot be registered on the Central Market.
- Obsidian Abyssal main weapons, Ultimate Katan awakening weapons, and Sandstorm sub-weapons can be obtained through the rewards for the Mediah and Valencia main quests.
- Characters that have already completed the relevant main quests can obtain the new Obsidian Abyssal main weapons, Ultimate Katan awakening weapons, and Sandstorm sub-weapons once per family via the following NPCs.
||Complete “Apocalyptic Prophecy”
||Complete “The Founding Legend”
||Ultimate Katan Awakening Weapon Box
||Complete “Taphtar Plain”
||Sandstorm Sub-weapon Box
- You can now choose whether or not you want to use Agris Fever points when defeating monsters.
- If Adventure Log: Agris, the Ancient Secret is completed and you have at least one Agris Fever point, press RMB on the icon for Agris Fever to choose whether to use Agris Fever points.
- If you choose to use Agris Fever points when defeating monsters, there will be a light effect swirling around the icon for Agirs Fever.
- Mining the following will now be influenced by pet hedgehogs.
- Rainbow Stone
- Strange Rock
- Coal, Opal
- Clear Quartz
- Muddy Quartz
- Red Quartz
- Green Quartz
- Black Quartz
- Violet Crystal
- Blue Crystal
- Added text to the item description of Scorched Fragment saying it is used to make Manos accessories.
- Increased the maximum number of character slots to 20.
- Fixed the issue where the navigation around a certain part of Port Ratt was abnormal.
- Added a button that will appear when conversing with Shepherd Ron of Epheria Valley that will allow you to discover the Gathering Node of Epheria Valley.
- Added 6 gathering tools that you can rent from the Leight family with Contribution Points.
- Each gathering tool can be rented for 50 Contribution Points apiece from Norma Leight the Northern Wheat Plantation Owner.
- These gathering tools have the following effects.
- Gathering Item Drop Rate +30% (For the type of gathering associated with the tool)
- Reduces Gathering Time by 11 sec
- Gathering Mastery +200 (For the type of gathering associated with the tool)
- Gathering EXP +10%
- Changed how to summon Khan as follows.
- You can no longer summon Khan with Leanar’s Celestial Map items.
- Go to NPC Curio of Oquilla’s Eye to exchange your Leanar’s Celestial Map for [Guild] Emperor of the Great Ocean Khan Summon Scroll.
- For one [Guild] Emperor of the Great Ocean Khan Summon Scroll, you can summon Khan once, under the following conditions.
- [Guild] Emperor of the Great Ocean Khan Summon Scroll can only be used by a Guild Master to summon Khan for one additional time after Khan has been summoned via a guild mission.
- Added more details to the item descriptions of the following life tools about how to enhance them.
- Loggia life clothes and tools
- Dostter life tools
- Izaro Trainer’s Clothes and Izaro Riding Crop
- Carta Gatherer’s Clothes and Carta Craftsman’s Clothes
- Gorgath Alchemist’s Clothes
- Crio Fisher’s Clothes
- Srulk Sailor’s Clothes
- Robeau Hunter’s Clothes
- Roroju Cook’s Clothes
- Added text explaining how to obtain [Guild] Sea Monster’s Neidan ten at a time to the item descriptions of Young Sea Monster’s Neidan and Sea Monster’s Neidan.
- For details on the newly added Pearl Shop Update, please click < Here > !
- Pressing the Recharge button in the Pearl Shop (F3) will now not only direct you to the official homepage but also automatically log you in.
- Improved the sound effect which plays when Muskan appears from the Dark Rift.
- Added Light of Illezra buff as a quest reward to the Succession quests of certain classes that are performed at Glutoni Cave.
- Specifically, this buff will be given out as an award for completing certain Succession quests called A Strange Reunion. The buff’s effects are immediately activated and will light up the surrounding area for 10 minutes.
- Added Background images to the loading screen that appear when going to the Change Character or Character Selection window.
- Removed the unfunctional button for BDO Wiki from the Guild House window.
- Reworked the design of the menu that appears in the Inventory (I) when you press RMB on materials or items that can be exchanged.
- Fixed the issue with how the word “Silver” appeared twice next to the price for leveling up the storage, lodging, workshop, etc. at your house.
- The Barter Information window will no longer close if it’s in Sticker UI mode when you are supplying your ship.
- If you successfully barter while the Barter Information window is open, the window will now immediately refresh.
- The class of the character you are currently playing on will now be selected by default in the Gallery and Download Ranking tabs in the Beauty Album window.
- Fixed the issue where the Patrigio’s Secret Shop window closed if you tried to purchase an item without enough Silver.
- Fixed the issue where if you tried to throw away an item from the Inventory (I) but missed the trash can icon, the icon became emphasized and remained so even after visiting the World Map (M) or Beauty (F4) windows.
- Fixed the issue where the button for bidding and the explanatory text was overlapping in the View Details part of the Guild House window.
- Fixed the issue where the Redeem button did not appear in the ESC menu when not using the Steam client.
- Fixed the issue where the icons of certain items did not appear in the Crafting Notes (F2) window.
- Fixed the issue where playing instruments in an ensemble was not possible in a party of five.
- Fixed the issue where dragging the title list in the My Information (P) window made the titles appear in abnormal colors.
- Fixed the issue where the camera angle did not move to the right when the game was under certain screen resolution settings.
- Fixed the issue where the game window did not appear correctly after the screen was minimized during the loading screen.
- Fixed the issue where characters would get stuck near a certain area near the wharf of Iliya Island
- Fixed the issue where it was possible to walk through tree roots at a certain area in Southern Kamasylvia.
- Fixed the issue where gatherable resources did not appear properly in a part of Oquilla’s Eye.
- Fixed the issue where you could not catch local fish near the inaccessible areas around Tuir Valley or Al Halam Sea.
- Fixed the issue where certain text didn’t appear when trying to report it with the Suggest Change function.
- Removed the “[Quest] How to Obtain a Sealed Accessory!” button from the Black Spirit Guide, which led to outdated information about certain quests.
- Fixed the graphical issue where hair, or the fur on apparel, sometimes shook unnaturally.
- [Guardian] Fixed the graphical issue with the belt and thighs of the Shudad Black outfit.
- [Witch] Fixed the graphical issue with the lower part of the Shudad Black outfit.
- [Dark Knight] Fixed the graphical issue with the neck of the Shudad Black outfit.
- Fixed the issue where you could not Communicate (F9) with certain Tier 7 horses.
- [Kunoichi & Ninja] Fixed the graphical issue with the sub-weapons that occurred when a shuriken and sub-weapon apparel were equipped, then the apparel was unequipped.
- Fixed the issue where your ship would stop moving if you tried to use the skill BreezySail continuously while equipping Ebenruth’s Nol without meeting the conditions for using Ebenruth’s Nol.